Monday, April 30, 2018

/Essentials/ April Favorites

Another month has passed! I haven't been posting regularly and I'm sorry for that...To make up for it, here are my essentials for April.


mostly purchased by me, the chanel was a gift from a family member

It's the usual skincare with different fragrances this time. Let's take a closer look at them.


Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
Upon my return back to L.A., my skin started going crazy. It was dry, itchy, and I was starting to get rashes...that's probably the reason I haven't posted many pictures since then. I wanted a gentle cleanser for my face that wasn't going to irritate it any further. This face wash had come in a kit I bought from Sephora and I started to use it. What I really like about this is that it's super gentle. It also gets rid of light make-up and my face doesn't feel too tight afterwards. The ultra facial cleanser doesn't really foam, despite having sulfates in the ingredients, but turns into a milky emulsion when added to water. I quite like that it's unscented as well. Will probably stock up before any trips. Get it here for $10.

Hydrocortisone Cream
Picked this up at Target, but honestly any drugstore/major shop brand would be just as good (Target's probably one of the cheapest). I always get this when I have eczema flare ups or itchy skin in general. Helps to calm down the skin. Get it here for about $2.

Valjean Labs Hydrate Facial Serum
I first saw this product on Urban Outfitters and it seemed to have good reviews. As my skin was super dehydrated I was looking for a serum to help me out. Whilst perusing Marshall's I found that these were there for $5.99! I picked it up and have been using it for a month now. I find it really helps to keep my skin hydrated and I don't have any more dry, flaky bits on my face. Although the serum looks blue, it applies clear. Get it here for $15.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette
I've actually had this for a while. It's been sitting with my other parfums and eaux because I found it to be a little intimidating. When I first sniffed Coco Mademoiselle, I was in love, but I was also young. I was quite scared of perfume and how much they can smell (in an overpowering, overbearing way). I finally came back to this after I started researching more about perfumes per Fragrantica and the Perfume Shrine. My scent preferences have changed since as well and I'm adoring complex and usual scents. I quite like that this is a little sweet, floral, and spicy. At first spray it has an almost vegetal aroma and the patchouli is strong, but as it wears throughout the day there is a softness that makes this irresistible. Rather appropriate for me as a woman. Get it here for $80.

Voluspa Tuberosa di Notte Candle
I bought my first Voluspa candle almost 8 years ago. I started getting into candles again after buying cheap ones in Korea...but their scent never lasted very long or filled up a room. Then the research into designer candles began and I didn't want to spend $68 on a candle...So this was the happy medium. I picked a tuberose scent as I wasn't quite sure what it would be like. It smells nothing like rose, it's a very creamy, plant-like scent, very subtle. The candle has lasted me about a month and the scent fills a room well. I like that I can reuse the jar, too. I'm planning to continue getting Voluspa candles until I can afford Diptyque. This is twice the size of a large Diptyque candle! Find it here for $27.

No comments:

Post a Comment