Saturday, April 14, 2018

/Fragrance/ Burberry My Burberry Blush Eau de Parfum


this was purchased by me.

I think this is a new category for my blog. I haven't reviewed a fragrance before, but I have talked about how products smell (milky, floral, sweet). I hope to review more fragrances in the future as This is something I purchased a while ago from Sephora and have recently started using. I was expecting good things from the scent description so let's see if it's as good as I hoped it would be.

I paid $25 for this little set, which is quite a deal for 5ml/.16 fl. oz. in a mini bottle and 7.5ml/.25 fl in a spray. It's no longer available, but you can find it in a rollerball with 7.5ml/.25 fl. oz. on Sephora. On the Burberry website, this is described as:
Introducing My Burberry Blush, a fruity floral Eau de Parfum with a sparkling twist. Stepping back into a London garden awakening in the first light of day, My Burberry Blush captures the senses as blossoming flowers pop with spirited energy.
Sounds absolutely lovely.
The fragrance is said to have opening notes of pomegranate and lemon followed by rose and apple, with a base of jasmine and wisteria. It's in the family of fruity-florals. As I had never smelled this before, I imagined inhaling the scent of roses with a fruity medley in the background.

Upon my initial sniff, I was overwhelmed with a sweet fruity aroma made up mostly of apples. There are barely any notes of flowers that my nose can detect. Honestly, it smells a bit like fruit candy. When I dab or spritz on my skin, it smells the same, if only a little sweeter. Despite this, I still enjoy the scent. It's nice for spring and will probably wear well in summer, too. I feel this perfume has a youthful scent and will be something pleasant to smell for most people.

However, the fragrance doesn't last long. On me it lasted about 4 hours before fading away completely. I couldn't even smell it on my clothes afterwards. As it's a perfume, I was expecting a longer wear...

One things I truly loved about the eau de parfum was the packaging.


I love the little bow detailing on the mini bottle. It's made of gaberdine fabric used on the iconic Burberry trench coats and tied like the belts. The cap also coordinates well and mimics the buttons on their garments. I like the spray function of the glass vial. Sometimes with rollerballs, the fragrance can leak out, but I haven't experienced that with this. It's easy to carry around and spray when you want.


Although I'm not in love with the scent (too sweet!), I'll continue to use it in the warmer months. I generally like Burberry perfumes, I have two others in full-size spray bottles, which are easy to wear for any occasion from work to a party.

Overview
likes
.good value for amount
.cute packaging
.functional spray
.easy to wear scent

dislikes
.fragrance is too sweet (no floral notes detected on me)
.mini bottle difficult to open
.this set no longer available
.fragrance doesn't last too long

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment