Thursday, May 31, 2018

/Hair/ L'Oreal Excellence Creme Mocha Ash Brown


this was purchased by me

I haven't dyed my hair since March...so I picked up this dye form L'Oreal recently. Let's see what happened.

I decided on this dye as I wanted to cool down my hair color. It's gotten a bit brassy.


natural light/flash

Plus, my roots were starting to show. There was a 20% discount at Target so I grabbed this color. I was anticipating my hair being a little lighter, like milk tea.
Like other Excellence creme dyes, it came with a pre-color serum, developer, color creme, conditioner, instructions, and gloves.


Here's the ingredients for the items pictured above:





I don't usually apply the pre-color serum, but this time I did. It has a pleasant floral-fruity scent and it seemed to moisturize the ends of my hair. I proceeded to apply the dye all over my head and I remembered how terrible U.S. hair dyes smell. My eyes were burning a bit. I really miss the Korean/Asian hair dyes.... Anyway, one box was enough to cover my thick, medium length hair. I left it on for 30 minutes and here's the result.


natural light/flash

It turned out to be a dark, dark brown, more like black tea than milk tea. At least the color of my hair evened out and cooled in color. One major negative is that my hair smelled like chemicals for about four days after dyeing (even after washing...). I really wish the result was a bit lighter, but I can try again with another dye in a few months. At least the included treatment left my hair feeling silky and looking shiny.


This is what my hair is like after three washes. Still rather dark, but I guess it looks ok for the time being. Looking back when I used the hi-lift dye and my hair was super orange...it's a little scary. This is quite natural compared to that.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.enough dye for long/thick hair
.tones brassy color
.conditioner smoothes & nourishes hair

dislikes
.smells terrible (strongly chemical)
.results darker than expected
.irritates sensitive skin

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment