Monday, September 30, 2013

/Skin/ Mustela Stelatopia Cream Cleanser


this was purchased by me.

Remember when I was raving about La Roche-Posay's Toleriane cleanser? It was my favorite, probably one of the best cleansers I've ever used, but it was a little too expensive for me to keep purchasing ($24 is such an indulgence). When I finished it off I went in search of a cheaper alternative. This is what I found.

I was wandering through the baby product aisle in Target one day, browsing. I think I've already expressed my preference for baby and kid products. They should be gentler on the skin...On that particular day, this cleanser was being discounted for a limited time. So I ended up saving $2.


Mustela makes products for babies and mothers, using as much natural ingredients as possible. Technically, this should be used for skin with eczema and I do have eczema, mostly on my arms and sometimes my legs, but I decided to use this as a facial cleanser (which is totally fine according to the bottle). My face was really itchy and irritated at the time, much like when I get eczema flare-ups, so I figured this would an effective manner to alleviate my skin.


ingredients

As this cleanser contains oil, for creating a moisturizing barrier,I was expecting my skin to be more shiny than usual. However, that wasn't the case and this really helped to calm down some of the irritation. The consistency of this product is very much like Cetaphil and even though it's described as "fragrance-free" there is a definite fragrance; nothing overwhelmingly floral or gourmand-y, it's basically the same scent as Neutrogena's Pore Refining Scrub. The scent doesn't linger at all so it shouldn't be a big deal for you or any babies out there. Unless you're super sensitive to smells like me. In that case I think you'll just notice that there is a fragrance and get on with your life.
Mustela's Stelatopia cleanser is not supposed to sting eyes and it doesn't do so very much. I think it irritates a little, but not so much you immediately need to flush your eyes with water and suffer having red eyes for hours afterwards. As it is soap-free, there is no foaming that goes on when cleansing. I would recommend that you remove make-up separately before using this cleanser as its not made for removing make-up (it just doesn't do anything in regards to getting rid of make-up).
I used this day and night for about four months, using a single pump worth of product for each use. I really enjoyed using it because my skin felt so soft and less itchy. It works similarly to the La Roche-Posay Toleriane foaming cleanser and I actually think it works better. Plus, it's almost 1/2 the price too. This is great for people with sensitive/itching/irritated skin who just want a simple cleanser. I don't think this caused me to breakout nor did my skin get too oily throughout the day. I would pick this up again and maybe use it for other areas I have eczema as well.
One of the drawbacks, though, is that it can take a while to wash off. I kept rinsing until my skin stopped feeling so slick.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment