Thursday, June 6, 2013

/Fragrance/ The Body Shop Vanilla & Tonka Bean body, room, and linen Spritz


This product was purchased by me.

It goes without saying that fragrances are a very personal matter. Noses are very nit-picky; what I like might not be your cup of tea (or it might be, in which case I invite you to a tea party). I tend to like three different types of scents in general: floral (when feeling pretty), gourmand (when wanting to be tasty), and citrus (when needing to be energized). I don't particularly like anything else, especially fragrances featuring amber/patchouli/"oriental"--I find those kind of fragrances to be too heavy and something a woman of a certain age would spritz on daily. There are, of course, my lazy days where I neglect to put on any scent at all, but this post is not about that.

I saw this scented spray at a Marshall's about a month ago. The vanilla and tonka bean combination sparked a curiosity in me, I was reminded of Burberry's The Beat, and I had to smell it. The scent of this spray is much softer than The Beat and much more sweeter. I don't think they're at all comparable, really; the Body Shop's spritz smells almost like something one might smell on a baby. A delicate, sweet kiss of vanilla, marshmallows, and honey...that's what I think whenever I smell this fragrance.


ingredients from the bottle: water, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil , polysorbate 20, trideceth-7, fragrance, caprylyl glycol, dipropylene glycol, honey, p-anisic acid, courmarin, linalool, citric acid, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, glycine soja (soybean) oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, citronellol, vanilla planifolia fruit

When I first smelled this, I was 100% sure I'd be buying that day because I held it throughout the entire time I was in the store, taking a whiff from the bottle ever so often. I loved this soft, delicious smell so much. However, when it came for me to leave Marshall's I decided I wouldn't buy it. I have so many fragrances at home, why bother with another one? It's not like I'll die if I don't get it. So, home I went emptied handed. Long story short, I made another trip to Marshall's for a completely different reason, saw this was still there, and snagged it. Now, if you really want to smell this and try it out you can also find it at a Body Shop store. If you want to buy it, the price will be around $12 as opposed to the bargain of $3.99 I paid at Marshall's (point: check it out at The Body Shop and if you love the way it smells, stalk discount stores, such as Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Ross if in California, and try to purchase for 1/3 of the original price). I've confessed my adoration for this scent, but how does it fare as a multipurpose spritz?
The first thing I tested this on was my body. I wanted to be engulfed in the heavenly scent of vanilla and tonka beans. It went of well; I could catch it subtly after I had sprayed it on. It was heavenly...for the first 30 minutes. After that I could hardly smell anything. As a room spray, it lasts longer, about an hour before I can't detect the scent anymore. This performs best on linens (which the product cautions to check for staining on fabric before use). I've spritzed this on my shirts and over three hours later the sweet aroma still lingers on them. As most of the fabrics I've sprayed the Vanilla and Tonka bean spritz were lighter, I haven't experienced any discolorations on them.
To reiterate: I absolutely love this smell. It's delectable and not overpoweringly sweet at all. The only real downfalls of this yummy-smelling spritz is wear time on the body and how fast it dissipates in rooms. If you like making your clothes smell better than normal laundry detergent with something sweet, this could be for you. The price isn't that great, either, but you get a substantial amount of product (100 mL/3.3oz) to be used in different ways. I'm glad I purchase it, even though I really shouldn't have with my expansive fragrance collection, because this is exactly the kind of smell I can usually never find (in my price range).

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment