Monday, June 24, 2013

/Make-up/ Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum


this product was purchased by me

That is a long name for a product. Maybe not the longest in the history of make-up products, but certainly up there in terms of eyeliners on the market, I think. I have been using this product for months, having stored it away after Rite Aid was having a buy one get one FREE for Physician's Formula's eye make-up. (A word of caution: should you see the gigantic felt-tip version of this beware! It does nothing to enhance your eyes, unless smudged eyeliner is your kind of look...) What makes this eyeliner so special?

I think it has something to do with this:


If you examine closely, near the bottom of the picture, it says "Made in Japan". From my experience exploring the blog world and scouring makeupalley for reviews, is that eyelines made in Japan tend to last better than those made in Germany, Italy, and the U.S. My theory, just a theory, mind you, is that Japanese pen eyeliners are made for people with "hooded-eyes" (I don't like that term...), those with very small lid space on the crease. Pretty much like my eyes. So, these eyeliners are made to last; they don't smear or migrate, coming off only when you want them to via make-up remover or cleansing oil or cleansing facial wipe. Eyeliners made in other countries just don't work right for me in that respect. Regardless of your eye shape, this is a great eyeliner because it stays on among other things (to be discussed in depth below).


ingredients


As an added bonus, the Physician's formula eyeliner is supposed to enhance the growth of eyelashes (I think the picture above is a slightly creepy example of what happens). As per the packaging, this eyeliner makes "lashes instantly appear: luscious, glamorous, dramatic" since "100% of women enhanced lashes instantly (on a individual perception of results by a panel of female volunteers wearing eyeliner and mascara)". On the back of the package, there are more claims saying this "high tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid liner, in one easy step (!)" and "lash boosting complex applied at the base of lashes is most effective in improving ash appearance" among other lash boosting results.
Hm. I'm sure lashes stand out more anyway if their base is darker (which can be attained by the look of any eyeliner or shadow)...And it seems a little strange that the volunteers also wore mascara....
Having worn this eyeliner for many months, my lashes don't seem any longer than they've always been. I've had results with Revlon's GrowLuscious mascara, but this has really no effect (except a placebo one where I think my lashes are longer).


The packaging is what really sold me. It looks much more expensive than it really is, like something from Dior. For a drugstore product it is pricey at $10.95, but it's a bargain compared to this and this. And it can be an even greater bargain if stores in your area, i.e.: Rite Aid, have 2 for 1 specials.


The eyeliner pen has a very thin, malleable tip capable of creating super-thin, barley there lines as well as thicker, bolder ones. It applies jet-black and stays that way until you wish to take it off. The dry-time is fast, 30-60 seconds, and will not smear or transfer.


liner i've been wearing for a few hours


enhanced lashes? ...a more defined lash line

Even if my lashes haven't improved on length, I'll continue to use this eyeliner. It's become a permanent part of my make-up routine (not many products have that honor) because it's so easy to use, requires no clean-up afterwards, and does exactly what I want in an eyeliner pen. The pretty silver packaging is a plus, too. Since doing this review, I got two more of these Physician's Formula eyeliners because Rite Aid was doing another BOGO free. This is a great product, aside from the lash boosting not really working, and definitely something one should check out.

bright young person loves it

this much

No comments:

Post a Comment