Sunday, January 6, 2019

/Fragrance/ The Body Shop Black Musk Body Mist


this was purchased by me.


The first real post of the year is featuring The Body Shop. I've been really into perfumes and fragrances this past year. I started going to Fragratica to check notes of perfumes I was considering to buy or was just interested in. The reason why I got this body mist is because I had a sample of YSL's Black Opium that I liked. However, it was kind of expensive. I checked the Fragrantica page and so many people were saying that The Body Shop's Black Musk was pretty similar. Soooo, when they were having a sale I decided to try this out.

Regularly, this 3.3 fl. oz/ 100 ml spray sells for $15, but right now it's 40% and there's even a set available with this full size mist and a travel-sized body wash. This is a more recent addition to the scents at The Body Shop, being released in 2015. The description of the scent from the website are as follows:

The sweet notes of bambinella pear, pink pepper and bergamot are contrasted with the fierce black musk.


via thebodyshop.com
there is a whole range of body products coming int he same scent

First of all, I like the aesthetics of the bottle. It has a good height to width ratio and because it's made of glass it feels expensive. It has a metal spray top that distributes a fine mist. The scent itself is also pleasant. I can smell the similarities to Black Opium, but this one is really just pear and vanilla with no florals to my nose. I don't even get any musk or cacao notes. It is a sensual scent and I like to put it on at night before bed or on days when I want to smell sweet without being too sickly or candy-like.

I find that this will last softly on the skin for maybe 3-4 hours. I can smell it on my clothes for longer. As this is just a body spray I wasn't expecting it to last that long on the skin. Overall, it's nice and light. It fits well with the cooler weather and I find it soothing to wear to bed. If you're worried about the sillage or lasting power of Black Musk, you can always layer the accompanying body products along with the body mist.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.cruelty-free
.sweet, feminine scent
.nice packaging
.lasts longer than expected

dislikes
.a little sweeter smelling than expected
.doesn't resemble YSL's Black Opium very much
.weak sillage/projection

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment