Tuesday, January 15, 2019

/Hair/ Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme Hot Chocolate/Medium Nude Brown


this was purchased by me.

Even though it looks like I recently did a post about coloring my hair, that was last year. And since then I have colored a bit. This was my first time using a Garnier hair dye so I wanted to relay my experience with it.

I happened to get this box of hair dye on sale at Target for $6.01. It normally retails for $8.59 from this Target (but's actually a little cheaper here), which costs less than the L'Oreal I usually buy. This is 513 Hot Chocolate which is described as Medium Nude Brown. This means it's "specially formulated with a unique combination of tones that recreate the subtle, multi-dimensional reflects of natural hair." (As described from the Garnier website.)


color chart

From the description on Target's website about the hair dye:

Garnier Nutrisse is the only permanent haircolor crème that nourishes while you color with avocado, olive, and shea oils. The nourishing color crème enriched with fruit oil concentrate, penetrates deep into hair fibers to nourish and condition your hair so it takes color better and holds it longer, root-to-tip. Garnier Nutrisse delivers rich, radiant, long-lasting color with 100% gray coverage.

All the different oils listed sure makes is sound like my hair will be soft and shiny afterwards. I had high hopes that this could be a good alternative to L'Oreal.
So, this is what's included inside:


fruit oil concentrate, colorant, developer, conditioner, instructions w/ gloves

The ingredient list for the box contents:




Let's get to the hair coloring! Here's what my hair looked like before.


natural light

My roots had started to come in (last hair dye was in November) and I felt like I needed to refresh my color in general, it looks a bit flat. I went ahead and applied the dye (without testing beforehand). I was expecting it to smell fruity and nice because of the fruit oil concentrate, but it smelled just as chemically as L'Oreal. It was easy to apply to my hair, but my skin got kind of irritated. One box was enough to cover my slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length thick hair. I left it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing off.
The results:


natural light

The color is a little darker and neutralized overall. I'm okay with it. It felt kind of smooth after using the conditioner, but let me tell you....this dye seriously irritated my skin all over while I was washing it off. It really set my eczema off and my skin was itchy for a few days. The chemical scent also stayed in my hair until three or four hair washes later. So...not sure if I want to try this again later.

Overview
likes
.affordable
.good color range
.easy to find in most stores

dislikes
.strong chemical smell
.irritates skin

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment