Saturday, January 26, 2019

/Skin/ Pixi Vitamin Wakeup Mist


this was purchased by me

I've been into mists lately. They're a great way to hydrate and cool the skin on the go. I have been using Pixi products for a while and bought this based on Caroline Hirons' recommendations for Pixi products. At the time of my purchase there was a sale going on so I took the chance and bought it. It's been a few months since I started using it. Let's see how things turned out.

This sells for $15 on the Pixi website (also at Target) for 80ml / 2.70 fl.oz. It comes in a plastic bottle with a plastic nozzle.


The bottle is tinted yellow and the actual mist is clear. It has a fresh scent to it, a little like flowers and citrus fruits. The website describes this as

• Boosting Treatment Toner mist gives a revitalized awakened effect to complexion • The orange blossom water base is blended with skin-loving citrus fruit extracts, lavender, and arginine
• Strengthens and tones
• Adds hydration and a protective veil
• Cools, refreshes, & wakes up skin
• Suits all skin types
• Not tested on animals


Sounds like a lot of good things. The ingredients are: Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Peel Oil, Adenosine, Tropolone, Disodium EDTA, Arginine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar) Oil, Citrus Sinensis Peel Oil Expressed, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Maltodextrin, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pryidoxine HCI, Silica.

Kind of a long list of ingredients for a simple product. Since using this mist I haven't had any bad reactions so I assume the ingredients are working together to do something right and the claim that this is for all skin types is true. Let's see how this looks on the face. I like to use the Vitamin Wakeup Mist as a toner or a mist to set make up. Here's a comparison of my made up face with it and without it.


before/after

I sprayed the mist about three times in the 'after' side of the picture. The effect is glowing, healthy skin that feels moisturized. It adds some dimension to the face especially if maybe you've powdered too much or used a really matte base. My face feels comfortable and hydrated for hours. I don't know about the skincare benefits, but I like this as a touch up throughout the day and I want to keep one in my bag when I want to be glowing on the go. I'm super excited to try other mists by Pixi, especially the ones in the supersize as they're only $5 more for over double the amount of product.

Overview
likes
.smells nice
.hydrating
.gives glowing effect to skin
.fine spray
.travel friendly

dislikes
.pricey
.unsure about actual skincare benefits

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment