Tuesday, August 27, 2013

/People/ Han Ga-In


via kdramastars.com

These days it's extremely difficult to find naturally beautiful Korean women. I'm not saying Koreans aren't attractive, I just believe the epidemic of plastic surgery has rendered natural beauty into extinction as everyone scrambles to get their eyes, noses, and faces fixed in an attempt to be ideally beautiful (or, as I like to refer to it, westernized). Believe me, I've seen this first-hand on my cousins who have had eyelid surgeries and nose-jobs. Now, I'm not an expert at knowing which Korean celebrities have had plastic surgery, I could care less even though the thought of it offends me, but Han Ga-in looks natural. Compared to other Korean female celebrities (especially those in girl groups), she has a pure quality that I think is lost on the younger generation. I really see her as an older sister kind of person (at least, that's what I imagine...kind of like what I have with my Korean cousins, but Han Ga-In would be nicer).
I first saw her in "Once Upon a Time in High School".


from listofbestkoreanmovies.com

In this 2004 film, she plays a high school student/student/love interest to the main male protagonist (Kwon Sang Woo). When I saw her for the first time I thought she was so pretty in a natural beauty sort of way. Han Ga-In looked so cute She was playing s girl from 1978 so she was basically barefaced the whole time.


from hancinema.net

The film was shockingly violent for me (at least in terms of what I was expecting), but it still had its sweet moments so overall I liked it and I do recommend it for those interested in Korean films. Since her acting debut in 2002, she has starred in many television dramas and a few films.

Han Ga-In is also the face of numerous products spanning cosmetics to soju in South Korea.


via soompi.com


via getupreadup.com


via soompi.com

She really doesn't age. These are pictures of her from this year:


from www.dramafever.com


from doramakun.ru

That's quite amazing. I scoured the internet looking for interviews about her beauty/skincare routine, but I couldn't find anything substantial or official. For the time beaing, revel in her unchanging, natural beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment