Wednesday, April 17, 2013

/Skin/ Bioderma Sensibo H20 Solution Micellaire

This product was purchased by me.

There has been so much buzz around this cleansing fluid.



It's supposed to be the absolute bee's knees when it comes to non-irritating, extra-strength make-up removing. Lisa Eldride gushes about it all the time and it has various mentions of praise on Into the Gloss. I had to have it. There was a little snafu for me as this product isn't that finder friendly in the U.S. yet...and since I wasn't going to France, let alone Europe, anytime soon, I ventured to the the world wide web to seek this miracle product. I found it on amazon for around $30 (with free shipping!). Busting out my $15 gift card in tow, I snagged a bottle and paid around $17 for it. So I waited for it to arrive on my doorstep. It was a surprisingly short agonizing wait as the package appeared much earlier than I had anticipated. Having ordered the 500ml bottle, I decided to decant a some of the solution into a mini bottle (I got mine at Target in a TSA-approved container set, kind of like this one), but with one additional container). This saves space in my bathroom and makes the Sensibo totally ready for travel.


On to the actual product. It says this is supposed to "garantit un nettoyage et un démaquillage en doucer du visage et des yeux" and "les actifs apaisants préviennent les sensations d'irritation."...Oui, je parle le français bien, bien sûr. Ben, je peux. In a nut shell, the micelles in this formula emulsify impurities and maintain the skin's balance to gently remove make-up/debris without irritation and the way you go about it is with a cotton pad.


les ingrédients

After trying this as an eye make-up remover for over two weeks, I must admit I'm impressed. I like that it's fragrance-free and doesn't have an oily texture or after-feeling when applied to the skin. It does a decent job of removing make-up, but I do need to go in a second or third time to make sure it's all gone (maybe I need to keep the soaked cotton pad on a little longer). I think the best aspect of this magical fluid is that it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Most times when make-up removers come into contact with my eyes they begin to sting and when I open them everything's all blurry. I really don't like that. Really.
Do you need this? Hm, if you're a francophile with sensitive skin then yes. The 500ml is a good value that will last for a long stretch of time. If you're thinking this is a bit too expensive and bulky, don't worry. I've got something that's local and cheap just for you that works just as well (to be introduced later).

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment