Tuesday, November 26, 2013

/Announcement/ The Most Shopping-est Day of the Year



I'm not sure if there's an equivalent of the U.S.'s eponymous Black Friday in other countries (I feel like there was something similar in South Korea, it happened when I was there, but I don't know what it's called...). I remember the early years of the crazed shopping day when people would line up weeks before the event would begin and when the stores finally opened it was utter chaos. I don't think I ever really got what I wanted....This year I plan to stay in, play video games, and do my shopping online. I was surprised to find out/get emails from internet shops that were already offering discounts and surprise deals for Friday. Here are a few I'm looking forward to the most.

.Make-up
Urban decay – has a few specials, but the one I’m most excited for is the set of 6 lipsticks for $50 (a $!32 value!). It’s so hard to resist this great deal. I’ve been wanting to try UD’s new lipsticks for a while and this set of reds and pinks will be a nice opportunity to do so. I can never say no to lippies, really… Urban Decay is also offering other deals with eyeshadows/eyeliners (I love their eyeliners and eyeshadow pencils) so if that’s your thing be on the lookout Thursday night/early Friday night so you can snag what you want. I personally set an alarm for myself to make sure I check when this goes live; I have a sneaking suspicion the lipsticks might sell out...(Found out it's @ 6 AM PST. I'm waking up early)

Missha - Not necessarily a sale limited to Black Friday, but Missha is offering 40% off everything until 12/25. I think I'll look into the eyebrow mascara, lip tints/stains, and some skincare I've wanted and/or could possibly gift. Shipping is free with any $40+ purchase.

.Skin
Yes To - 40% off everything on Friday. I like the Yes To brand for its simplicity and effectiveness. Some of my favorites are their Yes To Carrots body lotion and their lip balms (so sad the carrot one is discontinued). The Friday sale is a good chance to pick up some other products I've been wanting to try. The only downside spending $50 for the free shipping.

.Lenses
Eye Candy's - They have a bundle deal where you can get two lenses (14 mm, 14.5 mm, 15 mm) and an Etude House eyeliner for a discounted price. I'm definitely getting some 15 mm lenses.

Pinky Paradise - offering up to 50% off on certain lenses. The shipping isn't free unless you spend $130, but products on this site are slightly cheaper so overall all it could be a better if not comparable deal.

.Clothes
American Apparel - There will be some online discounts, Cyber Monday deals are already available for members of AA's reward-like program called 'Le Club'. I like getting some staples from here like shirts and leggings. Just recently I discovered their jeans which give a nice silhouette. Items can be rather pricey, but I think the quality is there. I still wear AA shirts I bought from over six years ago.

Forever 21 - I like getting trendy stuff from here. Their jeans are pretty good, too, and the prices really can't get any better than here. The site has had pre-B. Friday deals for nearly a week. F21 is definitely deal-friendly, but not always good quality.

H&M - Up to 70% off. Free shipping over $50. Slightly better quality than F21, better return policy, too.

That's it for my personal round-up. There are tons of other things going on and if you want to know more check out here (found the UD lipstick heads up on this site), here, and here. Most of these sites are only for the U.S., I think....but check out Eye Candy's and Pinky Paradise for any lenses you've been thinking about. Now might be the chance to get them for a good price. Plus both sites have beauty items as well (I've been dying to try 3CE after seeing it featured in some youtube videos).

No comments:

Post a Comment