Tuesday, November 5, 2013

/Lenses/ Royal Vision Cinderella Aqua Blue Circle Lenses


this was purchased by me.

This is one of two pairs of lenses I recently purchased from EyeCandy's. This happened to be part of the Sale & Daily Discounts featured on the site. I had been eyeing these lenses as they're blue (I had no blue lenses in my collection until now) and they're from a brand other than GEO (I was really surprised to find they came housed in a cute little box). The a few of the other colors for these lenses were rated highly, so I took a chance on this once as it didn't have any ratings yet. Let's see how Royal Vision's Cinderella Aqua Blue lenses fare.


As with all circle lens orders from EyeCandy's, a lens case was included though this time it was plain as opposed to animal-shaped. Ordering was easy and secure as payments are taken through Paypal and EyeCandy's always has free shipping which is a huge plus. I think the only downside to this order was the fact that my package took almost three weeks to arrive whereas the my previous order arrived in less than two weeks. I guess you can never tell exactly when these packages will come and the mail carriers can also be an external factor in the arrival time...I'm just glad it finally made it to me.


As you can see, the design of the lenses features a black ring around the circumference with the black extending inwards in alternating tall and short spikes. The inside of the lenses feature a light, sky-blue interspersed throughout with hazel on the edges near the pupil. Here's a close-up:


It looks really pretty, doesn't it? I imagine Cinderella had bright, blue eyes like this. She's one of my top five favorite Disney Princesses among the likes of Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, and Snow White.

©Disney
via data2.whicdn.com

I was really scared the color would clash with my hair/skin/natural eyes, but after years of wondering what I'd look like with blue (and sometimes green) eyes I went ahead and cleaned the lenses with solution, soaked them overnight (as per the helpful tips from here), cleaned them the next day, and wore them. Here's me channeling my inner Cinderella:


natural lighting

The lenses were very comfortable and my vision wasn't obstructed at all. I liked that my eyes were enlarged a bit, but not extremely so that I resembled a doll.


with flash

The aqua blue is barely noticeable unless you look at my eyes very close up. Even then it appears to look more gray than blue. Since the blue in the lenses isn't too pronounced, the lenses were surprisingly natural looking against my dark brown eyes. I was kind of hoping the blue would be brighter and easy to see from a distance, but if that were the case I might be afraid to wear them during the day. I was able to wear them for 6 hours without any problems (and I could've worn them a few more hours because these Royal Vision lenses are so comfortable, but that's not recommended so I didn't do that).

These are yearly disposable lenses so I'll be able to keep and wear them until next October. Since they're much more wearable than I imagined, I'll have numerous opportunities to wear these lenses (like this coming winter and the summer...). I've seen Royal Vision's Cinderella series of lenses only at EyeCandy's and I'm glad I was able to get these at the slightly discounted price of $24. These would be good for people who wish to enlarge their eyes naturally with a subtle touch of color to make eyes pop. On the EyeCandy's website there are three other colors available to choose from. If you're interested in trying out the Cinderella lenses or Royal Vision's lenses, now is a good time to check them out at EyeCandy's since they've been on sale for about a month.

bright young person loves it

this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment